What Are Iridescent Nails?
Nails are the finishing touch to any great style. When it comes to getting your nails done, choosing the right look can be a more complex decision than most people realize. There are so many different colors, textures, shapes, and styles to choose from. You can create endless nail styles to match the rest of your look, and people are doing new things everyday.
Iridescent nails are a super unique and fun way to give your nails the pop they need.
What Are Iridescent Nails?
Iridescent means showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles. This is exactly what iridescent nails do. Depending on the light and angle, your nails will give off a unique color. Other examples of iridescents include soap bubbles, butterfly wings, or the back of a DVD.
How to Create Iridescent Nails
Here are a few different ways to do iridescent nails:
- Nail polish – This is probably the quickest and easiest way to get iridescent nails. You can buy special types of nail polish that will give you the right look. You simply apply it like you would with any other kind of nail polish.
- Powder – You can use a powder to get the iridescent effect as well. To do this you will have to first apply an adhesive to your nails for the powder to stick to. You can use a clear nail polish as an adhesive, but a UV gel nail polish will work best. Let the nail polish cure until it’s tacky, then use an eyeshadow applicator to add the iridescent powder. Tap the powder into the nail polish and buff it lightly. Once your nails are looking exactly how you want them, clean the powder off the surrounding areas.
- Glue them on – If you’re looking to give your nails the perfect shape and iridescent colors, artificial nails are the way to go. You can find gel, acrylic, and silk nails in all kinds of color schemes and designs. Find the ones that will match your look perfectly and apply them.
Brilliant Iridescent Nail Looks
Here’s a few examples of awesome iridescent nails:
- These nails are awesome and a perfect example of what iridescent nails can look like.
- If you’re feeling bold you can try to include some designs like this.
- Are they white? Pink? Blue? That’s the cool thing about this nail style! The color all depends on the light and the angle you look from.
- Pink iridescent nails are a super fun and timeless look. If you haven’t tried them before, you totally should.
Are You a Nail Junkie?
If you love doing nails, why not make a career out of it? You can at Blake Austin College. In our Spa Nail Technician program you can learn about more than just how to make your nails iridescent. In this 600 hour program you can learn about manicuring, pedicuring, safety, sanitation, and much more. Contact us to learn more about how to make your passion for nail design a career!