Test Your Beauty Tools Knowledge
Are you a lover of all things beauty? Want to put your knowledge to the test? Take our quiz to find out how much you know about the beauty tools that are used in the world of cosmetology. You might be surprised by how much there is to learn!
Want to know more about the tools in our beauty quiz? Here’s an overview of some of the most popular beauty equipment you could use as a cosmetology student!
Makeup application is an art, which means beauty professionals need multiple brush types to get the right look they want to create. Some of the most common ones are:
- Kabuki brush – for applying powder foundation and blush.
- Stippling brush – for blending different types of makeup to make it transition smoothly.
- foundation brush – for applying and blending in your foundation.
- Fan brush – for applying highlighter and removing small mistakes.
Remember to take good care of your brushes by washing them in soap and water, storing them in a clean area, and replacing them at least every three months!
Just like with makeup, there are a variety of hairbrushes that each have their own purpose. Part of a cosmetologist’s job is to know which beauty services require which hairbrush. Some examples of popular hair brushes are:
- Paddle brush – for creating volume and controlling frizz.
- Round brush – for hair blowouts and adding a little curl.
- Smoothing brush – for combing hair and smoothing out any bumps.
- Detangling brush – for detangling hair, especially when wet.
Excited to Learn More?
Are you interested in turning your passion for beauty into a career? At Blake Austin College, our cosmetology program teaches students all about these beauty tools and much more! They even get the opportunity to practice what they’ve learned on real clients in our student salon. All these services are performed under the direct supervision of licensed professionals so our students can ask advice whenever they need to. Contact us to learn more about the program and how you can start the application process!